Spinach and Cottage Cheese Quiche
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 160 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49964 times
A French meal is incomplete without a melt-in-the-mouth quiche. Bubbly cheese, crumbly paneer with spinach perked up with green chillies, this quiche combines all this and more in a pastry case, a delightful preparation that is sure to satiate your taste buds and your tummy!
Spinach and Cottage Cheese Quiche has a satisfying, one-dish meal feel. Perfect for dinner as it is or accompanied with a soup and salad.
At parties serve this attractive and irresistible Spinach and Cottage Cheese Quiche as a main course or as a side dish.
Learn to make Spinach and Cottage Cheese Quiche recipe at home, it is sure to please you and your loved ones.
- To make the short crust pastry for the spinach and cottage cheese quiche recipe, sieve the flour. Add the butter and salt and rub in with your fingertips.
- Add about 1 tbsp of ice-cold water to make a dough
- Roll out the dough to about 3 mm. Thickness.
- Arrange the rolled out dough in a greased 150 mm. (6”) diameter pie dish.
- Press the dough into pie dish and prick with a fork on the bottom and sides.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Do not remove from pie dish. Keep aside.
- To make the stuffing for the spinach and cottage cheese quiche recipe, heat the butter in a pan, add green chillies, paneer and sauté for 1 minute.
- Dissolve the cornflour in the milk and add this to the mixture.
- Cook till the mixture thickens, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
- Spread the spinach paneer mixture over the baked pastry in the pie dishes.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or until the mixture becomes firm. Cut into wedges and serve the spinach and cottage cheese quiche hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per quiche
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.