Spinach and Cottage Cheese Quiche
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 155 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33844 times
A French meal is incomplete without a melt-in-the-mouth quiche.
- Sieve the flour. Add the butter and salt and rub in with your fingertips.
- Add about 1 tbsp of ice-cold water to make a dough
- Roll out the dough to about 3 mm. Thickness.
- Arrange the rolled out dough in a greased 150 mm. (6”) diameter pie dish.
- Press the dough into pie dish and prick with a fork on the bottom and sides.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Do not remove from pie dish. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add green chillies, corn and sauté for 1 minute.
- Dissolve the cornflour in the milk and add this to the mixture.
- Cook till the mixture thickens, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
- Spread the spinach corn mixture over the baked pastry in the pie dishes.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or until the mixture becomes firm. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per quiche
|Vitamin A||22141 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.8 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||5.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||101.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||497.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.