Spicy Red Chana Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10891 times
Rich in zinc, calcium and protein, this lip-smacking Spicy Red Chana Subzi along with roti and curds will make a sumptuous and complete meal. This recipe makes use of the popular pav bhaji masala along with tomatoes, onions and other spice powders, to produce a rich flavour that tickles the taste buds.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, pav bhaji masala, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring occasionally. Mash slightly using a potato masher.
- Add the kala chana and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.