by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Shahi Gobhi in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Shahi Gobhi in Gujarati)
Added to 426 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 151001 times
The mughals liked everything rich—and this recipe says it all! A careful and neat preparation of parboiled cauliflower in lightly-spiced tomato gravy, laced with fresh cream, shahi gobhi is sure to steal the show every time it is served!
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the salt and cauliflower and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cauliflower is half-cooked. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the cardamom, cloves and sugar and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp, curds and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower and green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Shahi Gobhi Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||363.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||40.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||22 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.