Saffron Rice, Kesar Chawal
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13934 times
The very mention of saffron brings to mind a royal experience, and indeed, this recipe maintains that reputation! Rice is flavoured aesthetically with saffron and rose water, and perked up with an assortment of dried fruits and nuts.
Served with Mixed Vegetable Curry, the Saffron Rice offers an exquisite experience, which you will relish and remember forever. To create a meal combo also serve along Paneer and Broken Wheat Patties in Whole Wheat Pita Pocket .
- Combine the saffron and rose water in a small bowl mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the sliced onions on a medium flame till they are golden brown. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the chopped onions, almonds and raisins and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes or till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the rice, saffron-rose water mixture, milk, fried onions and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with mixed vegetable curry.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.