Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24368 times
Ribbon Sev, also known as Ribbon Pakoda, Ola Pakoda or Ottu Pakoda in South India is a broad, ribbon-shaped sev that is super crisp because of the perfect proportioning of rice flour, besan and butter. The dough for this deep-fried snack is flavoured aptly with chilli powder and asafoetida, which give it a mildly-spicy taste.
You can surprise kids by serving the Ribbon Pakoda as long ribbons, but for the purpose of storing, you may allow it to cool, break it up gently into pieces of preferred sizes, and store in an airtight container. Enjoy this delicious snack with a cup of hot coffee !
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well while rubbing it between your palms.
- Knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Grease the ribbon shaped ( the one with vertical lines) press mould with little oil, put a portion of the dough into it, press it and cover it with the lid.
- Press out ribbons of the sev into the hot oil, a few at a time and deep-fry on a medium flame till it turns light brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to deep-fry the remaining sev in 3 more batches.
- Keep aside to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the sev into a deep bowl and break it lightly once using your fingers.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.