Palak Chakli, Spinach Murukku Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7741 times
A very attractive chakli with a nice, green flavour and absolutely awesome flavour, the Palak Chakli is a jar snack that is sure to get a five-star rating from your family and friends!
It will also be a good change from the usual savouries made during festivals. We have made the Palak Chakli using a dough of rice flour and besan perked up with a flavourful and colourful spinach puree.
When making the dough, add water gradually because the spinach puree itself contribute a part of the required moisture. So, slowly add only the required amount of extra water to make the dough, or else the crispness and shape of your chakli will be compromised.
Serve it to your family or guests along with tea, and watch them enjoy the taste while also wondering what this snack is made of!
You can also try other jar snacks like the Moong Dal Nimki or Methi Crispies .
- Combine the spinach, green chillies and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Combine the rice flour, besan, cumin seeds, asafoetida, butter and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the prepared spinach purée and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Press the dough into a chakli “press” and cover it with the lid.
- Press out 50 mm. (2”) diameter round swirls of chakli onto an inverted flat thali, working closely from the centre to the outside.
- Press the chaklis very gently with the back of a flat ladle.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep fry a few chaklis at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour and crisp from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values per chakli
|Vitamin A||74.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.