Raw Banana Thoran
by BETHICA DAS
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2267 times
A very simple south indian preparation. Plantain tempered with spices and coconut. Best had as a side dish with rice-sambar or curd-rice.
- Pressure cook the bananas with skin for 1 whistle. Cool and discard the skin.
- Chop the boiled banana into medium size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with the mustard seeds, curry leaves, urad dal, chana dal and dry chillies.
- After they stop spluttering, add the boiled banana pieces, salt, turmeric powder and sambar powder, mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes and finish it off with the grated coconut.
- Serve, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by BETHICA DAS on 24 Mar 2013HI, I AM BETHICA DAS, LIVING IN SHARJAH WITH MY HUSBAND, PIJUSH DAS, WHO IS A SENIOR LECTURER AT A B...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.