Rava Dhokla with Stuffed Schezwan Filling
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 562 times
Bored of dhokla? Never again, if you decide to load it with the world's yummiest fillings. That way, you get to have a different dhokla each day and there's never a boring moment in the kitchen.
In this particular creation, we have boosted the dhokla with colourful capsicum flavoured in Schezuan style. The Rava Dhokla Stuffed with Schezuan Filling makes an absolutely awesome party snack as it is attractive to behold and yummy to bite into, with the lovely crunch of capsicum and a warm Oriental flavour.
We have used mini dhokla moulds with a hole in the centre for the filling. But if you don't have that, you can use small cups and make a depression in the batter using the back of a spoon.
Try other recipes like Microwave Mug Dhokla or Makai Na Dhokla.
- Combine the semolina, curds, ½ cup water, green chilli paste, asafoetida, oil and salt in a deep bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Add the coloured capsicum and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and mix gently.
- Grease all the dhokla moulds with oil.
- Pour the batter into 12 of greased dhokla moulds and steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Cool slightly and demould by tapping them and turning them upside down and not using a knife.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to steam 12 more mini dhoklas. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the coloured capsicum, oregano, schezuan sauce and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Fill each mini dhokla depression with ¼ tsp of the filling.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini dhokla
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.