This recipe has been viewed 1702 times
A traditional syrupy chenna or freshly prepared cheese based dessert of Bengal, rasgulla is a popular Indian sweet or mithai recipe. Find many easy and tasty dessert recipes, mithai recipes at tarladalal.com.
Add your private note
Rasgulla- Cuisinecuisine recipe - How to make Rasgulla- Cuisinecuisine
Preparation Time: No Idea Cooking Time: No Idea Total Time:
- Bring the milk to boil and add salt. remove from heat and stir in yogurt. stir gently until all the milk curdles.
- Strain the curdled milk in a thin muslin cloth. squeeze gently until all the liquid is gone. you now have "paneer".
- Put the " paneer" in a large bowl and knead with the palms of your hand until it becomes smooth and soft. add the flour and baking soda and knead a few more minutes.
- Roll and shape into small balls, the size of a ping-pong ball.
- Dissolve the sugar in the water over gentle heat. set aside half the syrup.
- Bring the other half to boil and gently slip in the balls of paneer. simmer for 10 minutes and then raise the heat, adding a little water to thin the syrup if necessary. the rasgullas are done when the float to the surface.
- Drain and put them in the syrup that was set aside. add 1 tsp of rose water for flavoring. serve cold.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.