Rajma Curry, Punjabi Rajma Masala Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 584 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 354402 times
Rajma curry and rice… no meal can be more satiating. Rajma is filling and nutritious and turns out beautifully when cooked in a thick tomato pulp with only basic spices. This curry is a favourite in punjab and very popular amongst all age groups.
- Combine the tomatoes and 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick kadhai and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the tomatoes turn soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow them to cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic-ginger-green chilli paste, chilli powder and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the rajma, tomato pulp and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.