Rajgira Paratha Canapes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18715 times
Rajgira parathas canapés, served as appetisers, usually have three parts – the base, the topping and the garnish. Here, mini parathas made with rajgira atta have been innovatively adapted as the base, topped with aloo subzi and green chutney, and garnished with coconut. Now, this is certainly an enticing way to consume parathas and subzi!
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Knead into a soft dough using very little water if required.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion thinly between two plastic sheets into a circle of 25 mm. (1") diameter cirlce.
- Place on a greased baking tray and prick each canapé with a fork. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°c (320°f) for 8/10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non- stick kadhai, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, potatoes and salt, mix well and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on a medium flame, stirring twice in between.
- Add the coriander and mix well, divide into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Arrange the paratha canapés on a serving platter, top each canapé with a portion of the aloo subzi and then a little green chutney.
- Serve immediately garnished with coconut.
- You can alternatively cook the canapé base on a non stick tava on a slow flame till crisp.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.