Ragi and Oat Crackers
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30432 times
Light on the stomach but crunchy to bite into, these iron rich crackers make a great breakfast option, whether early in the morning or as a snack during a mid-day refreshment break!
These Ragi and Oat Crackers are all the better, as they are made with wholesome ragi, oats and whole wheat flour, perked up with olive oil and other seasonings. Olive oil gives these tasty crackers an exotic aroma and a wonderfully crisp texture too, without oodles of butter or other oils.
If you are looking out for more nutritious iron rich recipes for pregnancy check these out Chawli Masoor Dal , Mini Jowar Apple and Walnut Pancake , Nachni Ladoos , Cauliflower Greens and Besan Muthia , Ragi and Oat Crackers and Matki and Jowar Paratha .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle without using any flour for rolling.
- Prick them all over using a fork at regular intervals and cut into approx. 50 mm. × 50 mm. (2”x 2”) square pieces using a sharp knife. You will get approx. 12 pieces.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 12 more pieces using another dough portion.
- Arrange them on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 to 30 minutes or till they turn crisp from both the sides, while turning them once after 12 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.