Quinoa Patty, Veg Patty with Eggs and Oats
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4095 times
An excitingly unique snack that’s both filling and tasty, the Quinoa Patty is one that is enjoyed by people of all ages. The quinoa is combined with juicy and crunchy veggies, oats, eggs and garlic, to make yummy patties.
The off-beat combination of ingredients like quinoa, oats and eggs gives the patty a nice texture. Although it is cooked with minimal oil in a non-stick tava, this patty has an admirable crispiness when it is served hot and fresh.
Relish it with your favourite sauce or chutney . You can also try other quinoa recipes like the Quinoa Muthia and Coconut Quinoa with Coconut Curry.
Enjoy how to make Quinoa Patty recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- Heat 1¼ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the quinoa, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Transfer it in a deep bowl and keep aside to cool.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, onions, zuchinni and carrots, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Cool and add to the quinoa mixture.
- Add the eggs, oats, salt and black pepper powder to taste, mix well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions.
- Roll all the portion and shape each of them into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter flat, patty.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ½ tsp of oil, place 4 patty at a time and cook on a medium flame using ½ tsp of oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per patty
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.