Pudina Lassi, Mint Lassi, Indian Yogurt Mint Drink
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 173 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46085 times
Think mint, and cool is the first word that comes to mind! Indeed, mint is best known for its cooling effect, and is an ideal ingredient to include in summer drinks.
Here we give a minty twist to the classic Punjabi lassi. Cool and creamy, this refreshing drink gets even more zesty with the addition of mint.
The combination of mint and black salt not only gives the drink a unique taste, but also boosts it health benefits – by improving digestion and inducing a cooling effect.
A perfectly sweet summer drink, the Pudina Lassi or Mint Lassi is best served chilled.
Try other drinks using curd like Black Grapes and Curd Smoothie, Ayran, Turkish Yoghurt Drink or Piyush.
See detailed step by step photos of Pudina Lassi recipe below.
- To make pudina lassi, combine the mint leaves, black salt, sugar and cumin seeds powder in a blender and blend till you get a semi-smooth paste.
- In a large bowl add the curd and whisk till smooth.
- Add the prepared paste to the whisked curd and whisk till smooth.
- Serve the pudina lassi immediately in small individual glasses garnished with mint leaves.
- To make a salty version of pudina lassi, just omit the sugar and add salt to taste instead.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.