Potato, Mushroom and Capsicum Stir Fry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 193 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22239 times
A classic Oriental treat for your taste buds, the Potato, Mushroom and Capsicum Stir-Fry is made quickly and easily with readily available ingredients. Remember to cook the potatoes only till they are 80 per cent done, otherwise they will turn into a mash by the time the recipe is done! Done perfectly, this recipe will result in a beautiful and vivid blend of flavours and textures, dominated by capsicum, spring onions, ginger-garlic paste and Chinese sauces.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the potato fingers, mix well and cook on a medium flame 4 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in the same non-stick pan, add the ginger-garlic paste and spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum, mushrooms and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||261.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||28.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.