Potato, Mushroom and Capsicum Stir Fry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 196 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26965 times
A classic Oriental treat for your taste buds, the Potato, Mushroom and Capsicum Stir-Fry is made quickly and easily with readily available ingredients.
Remember to cook the potatoes only till they are 80 per cent done, otherwise they will turn into a mash by the time the recipe is done!
Done perfectly, this recipe will result in a beautiful and vivid blend of flavours and textures, dominated by capsicum, spring onions, ginger-garlic paste and Chinese sauces.
Check out our 50+ Chinese Stir Fry Vegetable Recipes
Enjoy how to make Potato, Mushroom and Capsicum Stir Fry recipe with detailed step by step photos.
- To make potato, mushroom and capsicum stir fry, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the potato fingers, mix well and cook on a medium flame 4 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in the same non-stick pan, add the ginger-garlic paste and spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and mushrooms, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sauteed potatoes, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
Potato, Mushroom and Capsicum Stir Fry Video by Tarla Dalal
Potato, Mushroom and Capsicum Stir Fry recipe with step by step photos
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a broad non-stick pan. We use a broad non-stick pan as stirring and tossing becomes easier in a broad pan which is ideal for stir frying.
- Add the potato fingers to the oil and mix well.
- Cook the fingers on a medium flame for 4 minutes or till they turn light brown in color from all the sides, while stirring occasionally. Ideally potatoes are added at the end but these are only parboiled potatoes that have not been cooked completely. Hence if we add them towards the end, there is a very good chance they will not cook entirely. Instead of stirring the potatoes, you can even toss them as it becomes easier to coat them in oil.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside. We will add them again at a later stage of the stir fry.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in the same non-stick pan. You can use another pan as well but you rather use the same pan to avoid wastage.
- Once the oil is hot, add the ginger-garlic paste. This is added to enhance the flavor of the vegetables.
- With this, add the spring onion whites.
- Sauté them together on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep stirring so as to avoid burning.
- Add the sliced capsicums to the pan. The capsicums not only add color but also add a slight crunch. You can add colorful bell peppers as well to make it more fun.
- Now add the mushrooms, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. When the mushrooms start releasing water and reduce in size and when the capsicum is half cooked, we move to the next step.
- At this stage add the sautéed potatoes.
- With the potatoes, we will also add some soy sauce for the salty Chinese flavor.
- Also add a little tomato ketchup for a slightly sweet taste.
- Finally add the chilli sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Make sure all the vegetables are evenly coated with all sauces and seasonings.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve the Potato, Mushroom and Capsicum Stir Fry hot along with a glass of cold Lemon Grass Iced Tea and have it as a complete meal.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||261.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||28.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.