Paneer Methi Chaman
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42877 times
This typical punjabi preparation can be found at nearly any good punjabi restaurant. Loads of greens are combined with healthy paneer and punjabi spices to form this brilliant creation. Methi lovers are sure to relish this dish to its fullest. Using both kasuri methi or dried fenugreek leaves and fresh methi this dish has an unmatched flavour.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the paneer cubes in it till the edges turn golden brown.
- Roast the dried fenugreek leaves in a pan till crisp. Keep aside.
- Blanch the spinach and fenugreek leaves in a vesselful of boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and onions and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, ginger-green chilli paste, prepared puree and dried fenugreek leaves and fry again for 2-3 minutes
- Add the salt, paneer ,punjabi garam masala and cream and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Place the spinach and fenugreek leaves under cold running water immediately after boiling to retain the bright green colour.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.