by Umesh Ghodke
This recipe has been viewed 1783 times
This is self innovated dish which consists of 'Palak and Mint leaf's' small balls in green-brown gravy.
Ghungaroo means small balls dipped into the gravy.
Add your private note
Palak Ghungaroo recipe - How to make Palak Ghungaroo
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Make a soft dough to prepare small balls (Approximately prepare 15-20 small balls, around 1 cm diameter).
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the balls and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp butter in a pan, add the cumin seeds, garlic and ginger and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add the Onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the green chillies, tomatoes and saute for 4-5 mins.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, Garam Masala and saute for 1-2 mins.
- Once this mix leaves oil then add boiled spinach Puree into it and if required add water (1/4 cup), stir the curry well for 5 mins.
- Once gravy is ready add Ghogaroos into it.
- Remove Curry into the serving bowl and add grated cheese, coriander and then cherries and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Umesh Ghodke on 17 Aug 2014Basically I am born and brought up in Pune-Maharshtra. Currently working in Melbourne Australia.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.