Nasi Goreng, Indonesia Veg Fried Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6475 times
An Indonesian rice preparation that will make your heart race! Indeed, this delightful recipe is packed with a brilliant blend of flavours and textures, which makes it very, very impressive.
From spring onions and carrots to beans and cabbage, the Nasi Goreng has a range of veggies, not to forget soy sauce and other flavour-enhancers.
However, the star ingredient of this rice-based dish is a tangy and tasty paste of tomatoes, almonds and spices, which gives the rice its characteristic flavour.
The Nasi Goreng is quite self-contained in taste and texture and can be served as a one-dish meal . Enjoy it hot and fresh.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, onions, red chillies and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrot, french beans, cabbage and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, soy sauce and pepper, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion whites and greens.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||674.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||54 mg|
|Folic Acid||36.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.