Nachni Methi Muthia
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37576 times
These super-tasty muthias made of nachni, methi and wheat flour pack a lot of good health and energy into their little forms. They make a very satiating snack, which provides the body with enough fibre, iron and calcium.
Serve these Nachni Methi Muthias immediately, or else they will harden as there is no oil in the dough. You will really relish having this with a cup of hot chaai.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using approx. ¼ cup of water.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a cylindrical roll.
- Place the rolls on a greased sieve and steam in a steamer for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly and cut into 12 mm. (½”) slices. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the muthia slices, toss well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.