Mushroom and Green Peas Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43170 times
Very popular with my grandchildren, this curry is best relished with steaming hot phulkas .Both mushrooms and green peas are a storehouse of nutrients like fibre, zinc, potassium, folic acid etc.
Making zero oil subzi is not as difficult as it may sound, as it does not totally prevent you from adding sinful ingredients like Cashewnuts, coconut, etc. but just requires you to use them moderately.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the ground paste.
- Cook while stirring continuously till it is light brown in colour. Sprinkle a little water if the paste burns.
- Add the onions and dry roast while stirring continuously till they turn translucent.
- Add ½ cup of vegetable stock to it and mix well till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when hot, add the peas, salt and the remaining vegetable stock.
- When it starts boiling, add the ground paste and simmer till the peas get cooked.
- Add the mushrooms, curds and milk and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.