Mushroom and Capsicum Tikka
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4929 times
Here is an off-beat but awesome tikka made with mushrooms and coloured capsicum, with a dash of onion for crunch and myriad spices for taste.
The Mushroom and Capsicum Tikka relies on a large range of spices and spice powders, but you are sure to find all of them in your kitchen shelves, so you do not have to worry.
Carom and caraway seeds work wonders in spiking up the aroma and taste of this tikka, and so do other ingredients like dried fenugreek leaves and chaat masala.
This is a really flavour-packed and exciting treat for mushroom lovers, and is sure to make tea-time very special. You can also serve it as a starter at parties . Green chutney goes well with this tikka.
- Combine the mustard oil, ginger- garlic paste and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the mushrooms, onions, capsicum, mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine the hung curd, turmeric powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, garam masala, chaat masala, dried fenugreek leaves, carom seeds, caraway seeds and salt in another deep bowl, mix well. Keep
- Add the marinated vegetables and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for approx. 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a wooden skewer arrange an onion cube, red capsicum cube, mushroom, yellow capsicum cube, 1 more mushroom, green capsicum cube and 1 more onion cube.
- Repeat step 5 to make 4 more skewers.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) grease it with oil, cook a few skewers at a time till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||110.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.