Mushroom, Broccoli and Noodle Salad in Hot and Sour Dressing
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17220 times
Variety is the spice of life, and that holds true for our food too. Have you noticed that if you bring together myriad textures and flavours into a single bowl, the dish is always more exciting to behold and consume?
The Mushroom, Broccoli and Noodle Salad in Hot and Sour Dressing fits the bill perfectly well. It is a sour and spicy salad with multi-textured ingredients and a good dose of noodles to add to the fun.
A dash of soy sauce gives the salad a great umami flavour, while a base lining of lettuce leaves adds more crunch and an appealing appearance to the salad.
You can vary the spice levels of this salad easily by modifying the amount of chilli flakes used for seasoning or the chilli powder in the dressing.
If you are motivated by the runaway success of this salad, make sure you also try other recipes like Lettuce and Apple Salad With Lemon Dressing or Lettuce, Orange and Spinach Salad
- Heat the oil in a small broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the oil-garlic mixture and the remaining ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Line a deep serving bowl with the lettuce leaves and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients and the dressing in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Spoon the salad over the lettuce leaves.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.