Mixed Nut and Berries Granola
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4142 times
Granola bars are very handy snacks, which can help to fight sudden hunger pangs at work or when you are on the move. There are also innumerable possible variants of granola bars, so you will never get bored of them.
This yummy version, for example, combines sweet and tangy berries with crunchy nuts and oats to make a scrumptious bar that will be enjoyed by young and old alike.
A generous amount of honey is used to sweeten this delicious treat, which will also satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way. Cinnamon and vanilla give this Mixed Nuts and Berries Granola an aesthetic aroma and flavour, while a pinch of sea salt helps to balance and highlight the sweetness and tanginess of the other ingredients.
This granola can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 weeks while you can even extend its shelf life to over a month if you store it in a freezer bag in the freezer.
Have a go at other oats based recipes like Date Oats and Mixed Berries Granola Bars or Oats and Mixed Nuts Ladoo .
- Combine the oats, mixed nuts, cinnamon powder and sea salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the coconut oil, honey and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Transfer this mixture in an aluminum tray and spread it evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 minutes.
- Let the granola cool completely and crumble it into fine granules.
- Add the dried berries and mix well.
- Store it in air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||124.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||13.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.