Mixed Dal Adai
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4875 times
An authentic south indian recipe, mixed dal adai is a steamed rice and mixed dal pancake recipe with sweet coconut mixture as filling. The mixed dal batter is cooked between the banana leaves to create a traditional savory dish.
- Clean, wash and soak all the dals, rice and red chillies in enough water for two hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the oil, and mix well to make a thick batter.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil on a non-stick pan and pour a ladleful of batter and spread it around to make a thin dosa.
- Turn over when it turns golden brown in colour from one side.
- Cook from the other side till it turns golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make more adais.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.