Mishti Doi, Baked Yoghurt
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50162 times
A radically different dessert , which will take your party by storm! Mishti Doi is a creamy dessert of thick curds, cream and condensed milk, baked in moulds, and then chilled.
Curds when complemented by the rich milky taste and pleasant sweetness of condensed milk turns into a beautiful dessert.
The unique process of baking and then chilling intensifies the flavour and also the mouth-feel of this Creamy Curd with Condensed Milk Dessert.
Fresh Fruits Stuffed Rasmalai , Lebu Sandesh , Orange Chennar Payesh , Rasmadhuri , Rasmalai and Rose Sandesh are a few other Bengali sweets that are sure to complement your party's dessert platter.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and whisk well.
- Pour equal quantities of the mixture into 4 individual oven safe bowls.
- Take an aluminium tray, fill it with 1 cup of water and place the 4 moulds on it at equal intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||406.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.