Mixed Fruit Sandesh
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 786 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34847 times
Ingenuity transforms readily available ingredients into an exotic creation that is beyond all comparison!
Using paneer and icing sugar enables you to prepare this popular Bengali favourite within minutes, while kewda essence gives it a traditional and irresistible flavour and aroma.
Sautéing part of the paneer dough and keeping the rest raw gives the sandesh a superb aroma and impeccable texture, while topping with fresh fruits makes the Mixed Fruit Sandesh a refreshing dessert which appeals to people of all age groups and in all seasons!
- Combine the paneer and sugar in a plate and knead very well.
- Add the kewda essence and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and cook slightly 1 portion in a broad non-stick pan on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Combine the sautéed paneer with the remaining dough and knead again.
- Flatten this mixture on a plate and using a cookie cutter cut them onto 50 mm. (2”) diameter circles.
- Place them on a serving plate and decorate them with mixed fruits and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per fruit sandesh
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.