Mexican Tarts with Refried Beans and Sour Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 552 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 71479 times
Tarts are usually very attractive, not just because of their dainty size but also because they are open containers that show off their contents!
This kind of makes the snack all the more appetizing and makes it impossible to resist. We have used readymade tarts for this recipe, which makes it very easy and quick.
Loaded with a tongue-tickling combination of refried beans and sour cream, this snack is sure to please your palate.
The refried beans feature a tangy and crunchy combo of ingredients, which match fabulously with the luscious and peppy sour cream. Indeed, the Mexican Tarts with Refried Beans and Sour Cream are sure to be loved by adults and kids.
Make sure you serve it immediately after preparation. Try other Mexican recipes like Mexican Rajma, Bean Sprouts and Lettuce Tossed in Guacamole Dressing and Mexican Rajma Corn Pizza .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and greens, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, tomato ketchup, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Take a tart, fill it up with ½ tbsp. Of the prepared refried beans mixture, top it with ½ tsp of sour cream and finally ½ tsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat step 1 to make 15 more tarts.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion whites and greens.
Nutrient values per tart
|Vitamin A||454.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.