Meva Bati, Rajasthani Mawa Bati Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 102 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62684 times
Meva Bati is a rich North Indian mithai made by stuffing a mava based dough with a rich mixture of nuts and mava, and deep-frying the delicate, stuffed balls till golden brown. These Meva Batis are then soaked in sugar syrup for a while and served warm.
You will love the crispness, balanced sweetness and rich texture of this traditional sweet, which is served on special occasions and parties too. In fact, like Jalebi , Meva Bati is also a nice mithai to serve at chaat parties to complement the spicy chaat items.
- Combine the sugar and 1½ cups of water in a deep pan and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Simmer on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the syrup is of one string consistency.
- Remove any impurities which float on top of the syrup using a slotted spoon.
- Add the saffron and keep the syrup warm.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead very well into a very smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide this filling into 20 equal portions.
- Flatten each portion between your hands and stuff it with the prepared filling.
- Bring together the edges in the centre to seal the stuffing and roll each portion into round balls, there should be no cracks on the surface as otherwise the meva bati will crack while deep-frying.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few meva batis at a time, on a slow flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain and immerse in the warm sugar syrup. Soak for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately or serve warm.
- Hariali mawa is a special kind of mawa used to make gulab jamuns and meva batis and kala jamuns.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per meva bati
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.