Malai Peda By Foodie #48100
by Foodie #48100
This recipe has been viewed 2491 times
The malai peda is an Indian dessert or mithai recipe which can be prepared within minutes. Unravel the secret to prepare the soft, creamy and delicious malai pedas with condensed milk mixed with milk powder and sugar .
Add your private note
Malai Peda By Foodie #48100 recipe - How to make Malai Peda By Foodie #48100
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 10 minutes
- Keep 4 teaspoons of milk aside and boil the remaining milk in a heavy bottomed pan, stirring throughout, until it reduces to half.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add 4 teaspoons of milk and rub until the saffron dissolves. add to the boiling milk.
- Mix the citric acid in 3 teaspoons of water. add this mixture very gradually to the boiling milk until it curdles slightly.
- This may require anything from half to the entire quantity of the citric acid mixture.
- Mix the cornflour in the balance 4 teaspoons of milk and add to the boiling mixture.
- Continue stirring till the mixture becomes thick and resembles khoya. add the cardamom powder and mix well. allow to cool.
- Add the sugar substitute and mix well.
- Shape into 7 small balls and serve, garnished saffron or pistachio.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 01 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.