by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Malai Barfi in Hindi)
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37211 times
A little smartness is all it takes to make traditional favourites easily at home. Malai Barfi, for instance, can be made quite speedily and easily at home by using readymade mava. While the mithai does require a day to cool, you can eliminate the many back breaking hours of work in the kitchen by using this foolproof recipe. So go ahead and prepare homemade Malai Barfi and serve them to your family and friends with a real, relaxed smile on your face.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the mava and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the alum powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mava mixture into a greased 100 mm. × 100 mm. (4” × 4”) aluminum tin and spread it evenly. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for a day.
- Divide the mava mixture into 10 equal portions.
- Place each portion of the mixture on a 75 mm. X 125 mm. (3”x5”) butter paper and roll it up tightly. Press them lightly with your fingers and flatten them.
- Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes and serve immediately or store refrigerated and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.