Maharashtrian Style Nachni Bhakri, Ragi Bhakri
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Maharashtrian Style Nachni Bhakri, Ragi Bhakri in Hindi)
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40345 times
Maharashtrian style nachni bhakri | ragi bhakri | nachni roti | with amazing 16 images.
The Maharashtrian style nachni bhakri has a rustic flavour and earthy aroma, which warm your soul and make you feel very contented. Made from 100% ragi, this Maharashtrian style nachni bhakri is also called Maharashtrian style ragi bhakri.
If you are watching weight and want to avoid whole wheat flour roti’s you can jump to nachni bhakri as they are very very nutritive and healthy.
The nachni bhakri is quick and easy to make and is gluten free. To prepare nachni bhakri, combine ragi flour and salt, knead into a semi-soft dough with warm water. Roll and cook on a non-stick tava, tradionally nachni bhakri is made on cast-iron tava. Also, apply water on one side which will help in making the nachni bhakri soft. Cook until blisters appear on both the sides and then cook on an open flame. Traditionally, the roti is rolled using palms.
Ragi flour is high in protein and great source for vegetarians. In addition its gluten-free, fiber rich food which in turn is good for diabetics and a healthy heart. Ragi flour creates a much lower surge in sugar levels compared to wheat.
Maharashtrians make this nutritive nachni bhakri and it best goes with Zunka and mooli sabzi. Also Maharashtrian style nachni bhakri goes really well with green chilli thecha or red chilli thecha.
Enjoy Maharashtrian style nachni bhakri | ragi bhakri | nachni roti | with detailed step by step recipe photos below.
- To make maharashtrian style nachni bhakri recipe, combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter using a little ragi flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a medium flame and when hot, place the roti gently over it.
- Apply water on one side just enough to wet it properly. Do ot apply excess water.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the roti and cook for few more seconds.
- Cook it on an open flame till it puffs up and brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 3 more rotis.
- Serve the maharashtrian style nachni bhakri immediately.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add 2 tbsp of rice flour and enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency and continue to make dosas.
Maharashtrian Style Nachni Bhakri, Ragi Bhakri recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.