Lychee Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 95 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64706 times
Fruity ice-creams are in vogue today, and this recipe will help you ride the tide! Perfect proportions of lychee pulp, cream, milk powder and other ingredients results in a tantalisingly creamy ice-cream with a snazzy flavour, while chunks of chopped lychee tease your taste buds in every mouthful. Enjoy the Lychee Ice-Cream on a hot summer’s day and forget yourself in its sheer brilliance.
- Combine 1 cup of milk, milk powder and cornflour in a deep bowl and mix very well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Place the remaining 1½ cups of milk and sugar in a deep pan and bring it to a boil on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk powder-cornflour mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring continuously. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the lychee pulp and fresh cream and mix very well using a whisk.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the chopped lychee and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.