Last Updated : Oct 04,2017
Viewed 8693 times
Litchi fruit is a chinese fruit having a thin brittle shell enclosing a sweet jellylike pulp and a single inedible seed.Its pulp is prepared by processing the litchis in hygienic and controlled environment. The obtained pulp is packaged in stand up pouches, containers, tin cans and others. It has all the essentials of the fruit.
How to Select
You can easily make it at home by removing the outer skin and desseding the fruit. The soft pulp can then be refrigerated or deep freezed. You can also get lichi pulp in selected grocery stores or more easily in super markets. It is available in stand up pouches, containers, tin cans and others.
· You can make delicious litchi sherbet by converting the pulp into litchi syrup. It taste is very refreshing to the senses, especially during summers.
· Litchi pulp is used to make litchi flavored ice cream. Just top up the scoop with a sliced litchi.
· A simple lichi fruit drink can be made by blending the pulp in chilled water and adding sugar and salt to taste.
· Litchi squash uses the pulpin its preparation.
· The pulp is also used to make pies, puddings and in fruit salads.
How to Store
The pulp can be stored in the given cotainer in refrigerator to extend its shelf life. Home made pulp can be emptied in to a glass container and eep freezed for further use. All the nutrients and flavor can be preserved for at least a month by deep freezing it and then thawing before use..
· Litchi pulp consists of all the essentials present in the litchi fruit.the health benefits of lychee are very impressive.
· The pulp consists of good amounts of Vitamin C, which is required to boost immunity and in iron absorption.it has 72 mg vitamin C in 100 gms.
· It is a low calorie fruit with high water content, hence good for those on weight loss.
· It has the ability of refreshing the senses and cleansing the toxins out of the body.
· It is particularly good for gastrointestinal health.
· Lychee pulp has anti cancer ability, particularly beast cancer.
· It is a diuretic and digestive.
· It helps prevent blood clots and cell damage.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.