by Tarla Dalal
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11744 times
Creamy, tangy and chill, Lemon Fiesta has all that it takes to send a refreshing twang down your spine on a tiring summer’s day! Ice-cream softened with whipped cream and pepped up with lemon rind and lemon essence is served atop a tongue-tingling lemon sauce, with a simple yet suitable garnish of mint leaves. Indeed, the Lemon Fiesta is a dessert that rejuvenates your mind and body.
- Combine the sugar and ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Combine the cornflour and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl and mix well till the cornflour dissolves completely. Add it to the pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the sauce thickens to a coating consistency, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the butter and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, add the lemon juice, lemon rind, lemon essence and lemon yellow colour and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the vanilla ice-cream, beaten whipped cream, lemon essence and lemon rind in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Fill the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the lemon sauce into a stemmed glass and pipe out ¼ of the ice-cream-whipped cream mixture over it.
- Repeat step 3 to make 3 more glasses and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve chilled garnished with mint sprigs.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.