- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Kesar Peda in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Kesar Peda in Gujarati)
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56900 times
Kesar Peda has a characteristic opulence about it, with the dominant flavours of saffron and cardamom lacing the intense richness of mava.
By using readymade mava we have brought down the cooking time required to make this traditional mithai. You still have to plan ahead when you want to prepare this, as it requires a day’s cooling.
After being allowed to cool for a day, the mixture appears to be quite hard, but once you crumble it, you will get the required peda texture.
You can prepare and store the Kesar Pedas in the fridge in an airtight container, for a week.
You can also try your hand at other saffron based treats like the Kesar Sandesh Bhog , Kesar Malai Kulfi and Kesari Milk .
- Combine the saffron and milk in a small bowl, mix very well and keep aside.
- Heat the mava in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture into a thali and spread it evenly. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for a day.
- Crumble the mava mixture, add the cardamom powder and saffron-milk mixture and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each portion into a round flat 376 mm. (1½”) diameter circle.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container and refrigerate.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per peda
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.