Amrit Peda, Peda Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1157 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 77901 times
This mithai is one that will remain etched in your memory for a long time, not only due to its rich texture and intensely milky flavour but also thanks to the spicy overtones of cardamom and saffron. Pistachios enhance this pedas further with their interesting crunch.
Surprisingly, this mouth-watering Amrit Peda is also quite easy to make. You can store it at room temperature in a dry and airtight container for 4-5 days, or in the refrigerator for 8-10 days.
Make these pedas for special occassions like Raksha - Bandhan Diwali and Dassera .
- Combine the khoya and powdered sugar in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 6 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the cardamom powder and mix well. Allow it to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into two portions, 3/4th and ¼th
- In the 1/4th mixture, add the pistachios and mix well.
- In the ¾ th mixture, add the saffron strands and mix well.
- Divide the pistachios mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Divide the saffron mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Take a saffron mixture portion and flatten it between your palms.
- Stuff a portion of the pistachio mixture in the centre.
- Bring together the edges in the centre to seal the stuffing and shape it into a round and lightly flatten it.
- Repeat steps 8 to 10 to make 7 more pedas.
- Garnish with ¼ tsp of pistachio on each peda.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per peda
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.