Kesar Malai Kulfi, Saffron Kulfi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43155 times
Cold though it is, kulfi has a way of warming your heart, perhaps due to the spicy overtones of saffron and cardamom or the intense richness of freshly condensed milk.
Kesar Malai Kulfi is one of the perfect desserts to serve at any gathering because it is unconditionally loved across generations!
- Combine the saffron and the warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and 2 tbsp of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a deep non-stick pan and boil on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 25 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scrapping the sides.
- Switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into 8 kulfi moulds and freeze overnight.
- To unmould, allow the moulds to remain outside the freezer for 5 minutes and then unmould by inserting a wooden skewer stick or a fork in the centre of the kulfi and pulling it out.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kulfi
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.