Karela Peel Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4729 times
This unique and flavourful kadhi made of karela peels is a great combination for plain rice as well as khichdi. Although you might worry about the bitterness, you will be surprised to know that when cooked in the typical curd-besan base, the bitterness turns out to be quite pleasant to the palate. Plus, the addition of pungent ingredients like garlic, onions and asafoetida gives the Karela Peel Kadhi a strong and tempting aroma too. Indeed, an easy and interesting way to include the goodness of karela in your diet.
- Combine the curds, besan and 2 cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the bitter gourd peels, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared curds-water mixture, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||117.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.