Herb Cheese and Roasted Capsicum Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 74 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25250 times
Herb cheese made of paneer and an assortment of aromatic herbs is a lip-smacking spread or topping for any snack. Together with lettuce, it is a calcium-rich combo one cannot ignore. The herb cheese and roasted capsicum sandwich gets it super flavour and aroma not just from the herb cheese but also the capsicum which is roasted to enhance the flavour. A breakfast that equips you to win the world today!
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Divide the herb cheese into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Pierce the yellow capsicum with a fork, brush it using ¼ tsp of oil evenly over it and roast it over an open flame till it turns black from all the sides.
- Cool, wash it in cold water and remove the skin, stem and seeds and discard them. Cut the capsicum into thin slices and keep aside.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for red and green capsicum.
- Combine the red, yellow and green capsicum slices, salt and dried mixed herbs in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the capsicum mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a bread slice on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the herb cheese evenly over it.
- Place a portion of the roasted capsicum mixture and a lettuce leaf over it and sandwich it using another bread slice.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Wrap in an aluminium foil and pack in a tiffin box.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwich
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.