• Multi grain bread can be used to make sandwiches, which will be healthier than the white bread sandwiches.
• It can also be used to make croutons for soups.
• Multi grain bread can be used to make bread crumbs for various dishes like croquettes, cutlets, etc.
• It can be substituted in most of the recipes which make use of white bread, including starters like Chilli Cheese Toast, Oats Moong Toast, Bread Cups, etc.
How to store multigrain bread, multi flour bread
• Before opening, store the bread at room temperature.
• Once opened, store it in the refrigerator in its own packet or a bread box.
• Even if refrigerated, try to use the bread before its expiry date.
• To avoid wastage, you can make croutons or crumbs out of old bread.
Health benefits of multigrain bread, multi flour bread
Multigrain bread is made of fibre
rich flours so it has lower glycemic index than white bread so it is wiser choice for diabetics
, heart patients
and weight watchers
. It keeps you feel full for a longer period. The fibre in it promotes digestion too. At the same time the phytochemicals in it helps reduce inflammation in the body and protect the health of cells and organs. The multiple grains used in the bread have more nutrients like protein
, B vitamins
etc than the refined flour used in white bread. However multigrain bread is also good source of carbohydrates. So we suggest you indulge in it in moderation and occasionally only.