Green Chilli Thecha Stuffed Pav
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7315 times
Thecha is a coarsely-crushed, chutney-like Maharashtrian accompaniment that has the power to jazz up any meal! We have used the tongue-tickling potential of green chilli thecha to make a snazzy snack that will go down well with all age groups.
To make the Green Chilli Thecha Stuffed Pav, soft and fluffy pav bread is roasted with butter till crisp and sandwiched with spicy thecha.
The buttery taste of the pav and the spiciness of the thecha get along beautifully, making this a wonderful treat for you to enjoy.
Serve it immediately to enjoy the crispiness and the vibrant flavour. You can also serve it as a starter at parties .
- Heat a small non-stick pan, add the peanuts and dry roast on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, de-skin the peanuts and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and coriander and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend to a coarse mixture. Keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Heat 1 tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), place the open pav and cook on a medium flame till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Put 1 tsp of the prepared green chilli thecha on each side of the pav and close the pav.
- Again cook the pav on a medium flame using 1 tsp of butter till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 6 more stuffed pavs.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per stuffed pav
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.