Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 10293 times
An Andhra special pickle recipe, Gongura pickle is made from sorrel leaves or gongura as main ingredient. The pickle is staple in Hyderabadi cuisine and is best enjoyed with ghee, rice and onions.
Add your private note
Gongura Pickle recipe - How to make Gongura Pickle
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Separate gongura leaves from the bunch and wash them. then fry them in the oil till they are tender.
- Fry green chillies and keep apart.
- Roast sesame seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds and dry red chillies and keep apart. allow them to cool.
- Then grind them in a grinder and keep aside.
- Now grind the green chillies and gongura leaves to a paste.
- Mix both the dry powder, salt as per taste and gongura-green chilli paste together and grind again till they mix well.
- Your gongura pickle is ready. season it and serve with rice
This recipe was contributed by kamalacute on 09 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.