Floating Radish Flowers ( Vegetable Carvings)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10858 times
These pearly white flowers floating on a bed of shinly coloured marbles are sure to bedazzle any rangoli ideas.
Add your private note
Floating Radish Flowers ( Vegetable Carvings) recipe - How to make Floating Radish Flowers ( Vegetable Carvings)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 1 flower
- Peel the onion and trim off the edge from both the ends, using a knife.
- Hold the onion in one hand and beginning from the centre of one and make a slit uptil the centre portion of the other end. Leaving around ¼” width make another cut similarly.
- Gently remove the onion peels one by one with your hands.
- Using a knife, cut the onion peels into a leaf shape, using a scissor. Make 8 to 10 such onion peels (leaves) and keep aside.
- Take a red radish and trim off the tip from the tapering end, using a knife so that the radish can stand on a flat base.
- Leaving around 1 to 1½ cm from the top remove the remaining peel, using a knife.
- This is how the red radish (pollen) looks like after peeling.
- Using a knife, make a thin wedge by piercing the knife v-shape and remove the wedge in between the cuts. Make such more cuts at regular intervals parallel to the first one.
- Make similar cuts in the opposite direction and remove the radish pieces in between the wedges.
- Immerse the onion peels (leaves) and the red radish (pollen) in ice-cold water for 15 minutes to make them crisp.
- Attach and arrange the onion peels (leaves) just below the red portion on the red radish (pollen) using pins.
- Place in a bowl full of coloured stones and water to make an attractive arrangement.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.