Fenugreek and Mushroom Brown Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 66 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26734 times
Rice is usually a no-no for diabetics because it causes a quick rise in blood sugar levels. To counter the effect of high glycemic index white rice, replace it with high fibre brown rice and toss in some fibre-rich vegetables along with diabetic-friendly ingredients like garlic and fenugreek to create a hearty rice delicacy which is best enjoyed in moderation.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the green chillies, ginger, garlic, and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, mushrooms, tomatoes, brinjals, surti papadi seeds,and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the brown rice, 2¼ cups of hot water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 142 cal|
|Protein|| 4.4 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 25.7 gm|
|Fat|| 2.5 gm|
|Fibre|| 2.1 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 423.8 mcg|
|Iron|| 1.1 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.