Drumstick and Potato Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22614 times
Put this Drumstick and Potato Subzi on the table and marvel at its rolling success! Indeed, it will belittle the other dishes with its striking flavour and appetizing aroma. Drumstick gifts its mind-blowing aroma and flavour to any dish that it is added to, and this subzi is no exception.
A simple combination of drumstick with potatoes, onions and tomatoes, together with a traditional tempering and a few readily-available spice powders, results in a fantastic dish, which will make you unabashedly lick your fingers in glee! The best part is that this recipe is absolutely a no-fuss process, using just simple, everyday ingredients.
Serve with Chapatis .
- Combine the drumstick, potatoes, salt, turmeric powder and 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, garlic and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander powder, little salt and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally and mashing it slightly using a potato masher.
- Add the drumstick-potato mixture along with its water and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||346.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||63.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||20.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.