Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12005 times
Lovely recipe learned from my mother. Try it with jeera rice. You are going to love it.
- Combine all the dals, wash with warm water and keep them aside for 2 hours.
- Pressure cook all the dals with enough water and a pinch of salt.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and blend the dals coarsely.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds and red chillies.
- When the seeds crackle add the cumin seeds and asafetida and saute for few seconds.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions turn light pink colour.
- Add the green chilli paste, ginger paste and garlic paste, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and mix well.
- Add the dal, mix well and boil the dal for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the coriander and serve hot it with jeera rice or simple rice.
This recipe was contributed by jinalpatel96 on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.