by Tarla Dalal
Added to 201 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 70883 times
This innovative rice flour pancake with lovely specks of cucumber and spinach is sure to become one of your favourite breakfast options, thanks to its sheer simplicity and ease of preparation.
Remember to squeeze the water out of the cucumber completely, to make sure that your pancakes do not get soggy.
These Cucumber Pancakes taste delightful with green chutney, and since they are so easy to prepare you need not restrict the option to breakfast – you can prepare it anytime you see a hungry face entering home from work or play!
You can also try your hand at other pancakes like Mini Rava Vegetable Pancakes and Zucchini and Carrot Pancake .
- Combine the cucumber and salt in a plate, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water from cucumber and combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Add enough water (approx. ¾ cup) and mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick mini uttapa pan and grease it lightly using ½ tsp of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter into each uttapa mould and cook them on both the sides using ½ tsp of oil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more pancakes in 1 more batch.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values per pancake
|Vitamin A||35.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.