Mini Beetroot Pancake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16060 times
Rice and urad dal is a perfect formula, whether in the form of idli, dosa or upma, as the duo gives a perfect combination of energy and protein needed for a busy day. These Mini Beetroot Pancakes are all the more wondrous because they pack in more protein from soya flour, vitamins from beetroot and iron from til. Even kids who do not like beetroot will surely indulge in these pancakes as they are colourful and yummy!
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 1¼ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well to get a batter of pouring consistency.
- Grease a non-stick mini uttapa pan using ½ tsp of oil.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter in each uttapa mould.
- Cook all the pancakes using 1 tsp of oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make more mini pancakes in 2 more batches.
- Allow the pancake to cool completely, wrap in an aluminium foil and pack in a tiffin box. Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.