Cream Of Spinach Soup, Palak Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 258776 times
The nutty flavour and rustic aroma of spinach are the highlights of this recipe, which is popular in most Indian restaurants. Made with very few ingredients, the Cream of Spinach soup is also easy to prepare.
Onion gives it a wonderful flavour, while cream gives it a rich mouth-feel. Since spinach cooks fast, it also takes very little time to prepare this delicious soup that is loved by all because of its vibrant colour and creamy texture.
Cream Of Spinach Soup and Garlic Bread make a great combo.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Strain the purée with help of a sieve and transfer it to a kadhai.
- Combine the cornflour-milk mixture and the cream in a bowl and mix well till no lumps remain and add it to the spinach purée and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with cream.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.