Corn, Tomato and Spinach Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 213 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41931 times
Tender corn, fresh spinach, ripe tomatoes – indeed, there is a splash of colours and flavours in this soup! the onion brings in complementary flavours that enhance the taste of the other ingredients, while the lemon juice and pepper make it zestier.
- Combine the sweet corn, yellow moong dal and 2½ cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared corn-moong dal mixture, ¼ cup of water, tomatoes spinach and salt mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the lemon juice and pepper powder and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Corn and Dal Soup Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.